Korean J Head Neck Oncol Search

CLOSE


Korean Journal of Head & Neck Oncology 1992;8(1):34-43.
Published online June 30, 1992.
Combined Radiation Therapy and Hyperthermia in Management of N3(AJCC-UICC) Metastatic Neck Nodes
Chang Geol Lee;Gwi Eon Kim;Jin Sil Seong;Chang Ok Suh;John Kyu Loh;Byung Soo Kim;Kyung Ran Park;Jong Young Lee;Won Pyo Hong;Cheong Soo Park;Soo Kon Kim
N3(AJCC-UICC) 전이성 경부 임파절의 방사선 및 온열 병행요법
이창걸;김귀언;성진실;서창옥;노준규;김병수;박경란;이종영;홍원표;박정수;김수곤
Abstract
In order to improve the control of large unresectable(>6cm) and fixed N3(TNM-UICC) metastatic neck nodes, local hyperthermia(HT) has been combined with radiation therapty (RT) in Yonsei cancer center. From April 1985 to april 1988, a total of 18 patients of head and neck cancer with metastatic large unresectable and fixed cervical neck nodes who underwent combined RT and HT were analyzed. Of 18 patients, complete response rate was 39% (7 pt.) partial response 39% (7 pt.) and overall response rate was 78%. Acute side effects of these combined modalities were found in 8 patients and which were mainly cutaneous reaction such as erythema, dry and moist desquamation but recovered spontaneously in all patients after treatment. Factors of maximum tumor temperature above 43℃ and MDF(multiple daily fractionation) showed more favorable response rate but not statistically sinificant. Two year actuarial survival rate of all patients was 35.4%.
Key Words: N3, Neck node, Thermoradiotherapy
TOOLS
Share :
Facebook Twitter Linked In Google+ Line it
METRICS Graph View
  • 375 View
  • 0 Download
Related articles in Korean J Head Neck Oncol


ABOUT
ARTICLE CATEGORY

Browse all articles >

BROWSE ARTICLES
EDITORIAL POLICY
AUTHOR INFORMATION
Editorial Office
327, Sosa-ro, Bucheon-si, Gyeonggi-do 14647, Korea
Tel: +82-10-9810-7671    Fax: +82-504-223-7671    E-mail: kshno@hanmail.net                

Copyright © 2023 by Korean Society for Head & Neck Oncology.

Developed in M2PI

Close layer
prev next